How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1543
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My husband is usa citizen incarcerated since he was 17, he

This answer was rated:

My husband is usa citizen incarcerated since he was 17, he has been in prison 25 years, can I make request for transfer to UK prison as I have a disabled child and we can not go to USA. I am a british citizen.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no steps yet, no paperwork filed. I am in UK born here
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he has no family ties in USA he only has myself and 3 children for family support.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.


What is your husband in prison for?


Does he have a release date?


Are any of your children his biologically?


Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Party to a crime 1st degree homicide, he was waived as an adult. Sentenced to 25 years to life, no biological children although he has been a father figure for almost 14 years. Parole eligible April 2020

Sometimes giving advice and guidance is very difficult when one knows the news is not going to be what the person asking wants to hear. Your circumstances sound extremely difficult and I am sure that it would have been a comfort to have your husband transferred to a UK prison. Unfortunately that is not going to happen as someone convicted of a crime as severe as first degree murder would not be permitted to enter the UK as a visitor, let alone to transfer into a UK prison.


If he had been British, he may have had an opportunity to transfer to the UK to serve his sentence - but that's not the case.


I am sorry that this is not likely to be the news that you hoped to hear, but it is accurate.


Please accept and rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for my time. Thank you.

Hello, can I check that you received my response and that it answered your query in full?

Would you be so kind as to return to the site to rate positively as that is how I am paid for assisting you. Without your rating I will not be paid. Thank you.

SASH_Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you