12826847

Was fired after 3 months by the recruitment companion I was

Customer Question

Was fired after 3 months by the recruitment companion I was working as a recruitment consultant. I have a clause in the contract that I am not allowed for a 2-year period to work in the same field, anywhere in the UK.
Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Is this a valid restrictive covenant?
Assistant: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: The company operates in the field of medical staff recruitment for care homes, nursing homes
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am about to sign a contract with one of their competitors
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

What is the exact wording of the clause?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I dont't have the contract with me right now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

OK not to worry. Leave it with me for now and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. I dont want to pay you anything at the moment, so I will.close this conversation
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost. Is that ok?