12826847

We are attempting to reclaiim cost for repairung damage to

Customer Question

we are attempting to reclaiim cost for repairung damage to our central heating boiler whilst iit was under a serrvice/insurance conntract with a Heertfordshire firm. So far ir has ignored all correspondence relatring to this issue
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Written 2 letters,- one detailing the damage and an enginneer's report - one making a claim on their insurance for repair costs.. The damage was only found after the existring contract was terminated. Both letters were ignored
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We terminated the contract with the then serrvice/insurance provideerr because they were going to double the cost of provision and couldn't provide urgent call outs.We then contacted Home Serve who agreed to examine the boiler before taking us on. their engineer found the damage which was serious and dangerous and shut the sustem down. Wee agreed to their cost of repair because a n elderly family mmember was coming out hospital and would need heating in the house
JA: That depends on how many expert areas you want to subscribe to and how many questions a month you want to ask.
Customer: I don't understand your message - all we want is our money backfor costs - £1400.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

How long ago was the work done?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
September 12 2009
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Do you mean 2019?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:

Do you mean 2019?