F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am owner of 30% share to buy flat. I really would like to

Customer Question

Hello. Yes. I am owner of 30% share to buy flat. I really would like to take a dog in my flat. However on the "good neighbour guide" of L&Q properties says I have to check with them first. I reached them out, and because I do not have a garden I am not allowed. Is there anyway I can win this battle? As I am a lonely person and recently suffered from depression and I know this could really help me out? many thanks in advance. Best Regards ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nop. I only have asked them and find an alternative to check my rights
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

did you check this before buying the flat?

do you already have a dog or thinking of getting one?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
did not checked before, and I am thinking to get one yes
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 days ago.

This has already been before the court.

Here is some reading:

https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/en/insights/red-alert/leaseholders-in-the-doghouse-prohibition-on-keeping-pets-in-a-leasehold-property-are-these-enforceable

from which you will see that they can enforce this.

I’m sorry, I know it’s not the answer you wanted.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES