12826847

I LENT A FREIND £2000.- POUND WHICH AT HIS REQUEST WAS PAID

Customer Question

I LENT A FREIND £2000.- POUND WHICH AT HIS REQUEST WAS PAID INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT. THIS WAS IN NOV 2009, I HAVE SINCE TRIED SEVERAL PLEAS TO HIM TO STICK TO HIS PROMISE OF REPAYMENT BY LETTERS (RESGISTERED), PHONE CALLS AND ALSO IN PERSON WHENEVER I MET WITH HIM. BOTH HE AND I WERE NEWSAGENTS AND WERE MEMBERS OF THE NEWSAGENTS FEDERATION. THIS WAS THE REASON TO TRUST THE PERSON. HE HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY LETTERS - THE FIRST D/D 13/12/2013, SECOND REGISTERED D/D 30/7/2019.IN BETWEEN HE HAS IGNORED MY PHONE CALLS AND SOME PERSONAL APPEALS AS AND WHEN WE MET UP AT THE NFRN MEETINGS. (NFRN = NATIONAL FEDERATION OF RETAIL NEWSAGENTS) I AM NOW READY TO PERSEVERE BY LEGAL MEANS. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I AM NOW RETIRED AND LIVE IN KENTON HARROW, HA3 8HZ
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I HAVE WRITTEN TO HIS HOME ADDRESS ON 13/12/2013 AND AGAIN BY A REGISTERED LETTER ON 30/7/2019 WARNING HIM THAT I INTEND TO PERSUE THIS DEBT BY LEGAL MEANS,
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I DID IN BETWEEN OIN VARIOUS OCCASIONS HAVE I ASKED HIM TO SETTLE. ONCE I WAS ABLE TO GET HIM ON THE PHONE BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW MY NO., BUT HE SOON DISCONNECTED AS SOON AS I ANNOUNCED MYSELF. I HAVE SINCE LEARNED FROM ANOTHER MEMBER THAT HE HAS DONE TO SOME MORE MEMBERS OF THE FEDERATION.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

What was the original repayment agreement?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
verbal to be settled within a couple of days after his return (he was out of town at the time of lending)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Can I just check when was the last time he acknowledged the debt in writing or made a payment?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:Can I just check when was the last time he acknowledged the debt in writing or made a payment?