How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7461
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I am trying to recover my bonds money which were due for

Customer Question

I am trying to recover my bonds money which were due for payment last Aid ( 12 months bond ) the company is called Minerva Development Group and they say they have gone into administration although company house have no record of this, a company called Cohesion was apparently engaged to go through their books ( another scan ) a company called AL Asset management development called and says they can recover my money (£ 15000 ) of the receiver for a fee of £3000 I smell another scam all these companies are on the web site and at company house I cannot find out the name of the liquider if they have gone under nobody's knows all these companies are still around they keep sending me emails what can be done before they moved on. Thanks
Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: All I'm London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Action fraud are involved told the FCA to
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can they find out if they gone under the name of the receiver and how to proceed
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

You are not the only one who has asked the question on this site regarding Minerva - a few other people have had similar issues. Do not pay any company purporting to recover the money - they are also a scam and not regulated according to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

The company is still active according to companies house so the advice is that you send the company a formal letter before action to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. The address to send the letter is :


See attached template as an example of what to say. Please let me know if you cannot see the letter which I have uploaded. You will need to tailor this letter to your situation.

You will need to register at so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

Claims between £10,000 and £25,000 are subject to fixed costs only so if you lose then the risk is minimal. Further, the money claim website allows you to sue for an amount up to £100,000.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee which is £675 (details of the money claim fees are listed here at page 5: and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim.

If you are on a low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits), you can ask the court for a fee remission so you do not have to pay the court issue fee. If this applies, let me know as you cannot use the online money claims site – you have to use the paper N1 claim form and the EX160 fee remission form (I have copies).

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

There are other enforcement methods which I can help with, including bank account freeze, charging order on their property (and then apply to force a sale), application to wind up the company, apply to summons them to court for questioning, attachment of earnings order against his employer - all of which can ensure you are actually repaid the money.

You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been in contact before only get promises writing is no good action fraud have taken over the phone no l need to know how to go about claiming my money is there anyone who can do this work all these companies are still around for how long who knows
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hi, you can of course instruct a law firm but bear in mind they wouldn't offer a no win no fee agreement (they cannot recover their legal costs in a claim of this size) - so you would need to pay them privately.

I did set out how to go about suing the company though - I am hoping you have seen the details in my answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You have not told me anything i I
know dont already write a letter are you having a laugh
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Sorry you feel that way but I wish you the best of luck recovering your money against the company.

I will opt out to let you obtain a further opinion from another expert.

Many thanks