Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I don't know who to speak to about going to a hearing about

Hi, I don't know who to speak to about going to a hearing about fitness to practise? It was from when I was an assessor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I don't know who to talk to and I'm not part of any unions
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, my old employer has given evidence against me to the Educational Workforce Council. I was an assessor, but chose to leave the employer due to their behaviour towards me, and then the sent evidence to the EWC. Nearly 2 years on I now have a Notice of Proceedings and a hearing date for the Fitness to Practise Committee. It was to do with fraud on several piece of paperwork. I have admitted it all, but now I have to deal with the legal proceedings and it's all just over my head. Any questions just ask

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. At this point it will be very important for your to find a solicitor to represent you. You can find a solicitor in your area by using the law society find a solicitor link here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ you will be able to search by area and expertise. With the solicitor you will be able to review the allegations against you and what you originally stated regarding this matter when you admitted to the allegations made against you. It will be important for you to review any procedures and regulations relevant to your case so that you are fully prepared at the hearing. It will be important that what you say in the hearing is similar to what you said during the admission or if there is anything that need to clarified to prepare for this. A solicitor will be able to sit down with you, review all the evidence and prepare you for the hearing.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Hi, hope all is well. I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.