UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a question about settlement agreement in relation to

Customer Question

I have a question about settlement agreement in relation to housing disrepair case have you got a solicitor specialised in the issue who can answer question now?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And what would be the cost?
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Oh I thought you are based in the UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: are you based in the usa? It's different law system
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you based in the UK?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 9 days ago.

I am an English Solicitor.

How may I help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve reached a settlement or a draft of a settlement with my freehold with regards to housing disrepair claim.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The final bill for the works in relation to the disrepair has not yet been served
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is the fall and final settlement is on the two parties or potentially my landlord can send me a major work for the final bill worth thousands of pounds how could I agree to a settlement if it’s full and final but just for one side if it makes sense

Sorry, I do not understand. Are you the leaseholder or the freeholder? Who is offering the settlement?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm the leaseholder. The freehold, local council carried out major works for which estimated amount was paid. The works caused disrepsir in a sense they were not carried out to industry standards as per expert report. The settlement offered is full and final. I ask for it to include that no more additional demand for payment will be made as part of remedial works. The freehold refuse
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
So potentially could they ask me to pay thousand of pounds once finsl about was produced

You are not liable for remedial works, that is the freeholder's obligation, so I do not see any reason to worry?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Well if it's all being served under one account, leaseholders are required to pay proportion of the landlord's costs. So I thought I'm liable for the costs of the works

Sorry, I am finding it hard to understand you. I will opt out for another expert to try and assist you if possible.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thanks