31090051

We have produced Swimshorts with a Waterproof pocket. The

We have produced Swimshorts with a Waterproof pocket. The pocket uses a Patented technology (owned by the supplier), but we have developed our own way of constructing the shorts around this pocket and how it is built / sewn in. Is it possible to, in someway, copyright the way we have constructed this and built it in to the shorts?Thanks, Dave

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in the UK. Copyright doesn’t apply here becasue what you have developed is not a “work” as defined by the legislation. You would have to apply for a patent for the bit that you have invented if indeed it is a unique invention. If it is simply a process or way of doing something it cannot be protected by patent or in any other way. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK thanks, I thought that would be the case, bust wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating on the star rating system so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.