Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have Inherited a Cottage with land from my Aunt and my

I have Inherited a Cottage with land from my Aunt and my Younger Brother is C/o Owner with me.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Coleorton Leicestershire.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have Full Planning Permission to replace the Cottage with a detatched dwelling.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The problem is my father who claims the land and garden is his everything outside was left to him in his fathers Will.My name is ***** ***** Land Registry he does not own anything Legally please advise.

Hi, if your Land Registry title Plan includes the land, then you and your brother own it. I can't really comment on your father's claim but whichever Solicitor dealt with your Uncle's Estate would have made sure that you only inherited what you were entitled to! I hope this helps and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 3-5 stars in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards Al