Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My question is: can I ask a police service of NI to apply to

Customer Question

Hello, my question is: can I ask a police service of NI to apply to magistrate's court to stop antisocial behaviour from my neighbour? I had reported to police about my neighbour attack against my 11 years old sun threatening to beat him and threatening to kill all our family. We were also called polish and were told to go home. (My family is Lithuanian, myself live in NI from 2006)
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 16 Hugomont Mews Ballymena co Antrim BT436FL
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contact Radius Housing association about current situation, myself and my neighbour we are renting houses from this association. Contact DUP parliamentarian Ian Paisley asking for help Radius Housing to take Action.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We live in fear every day, we attacked by this neighbours kids verbally almost every day. For example today my sun was visiting friends house and was attracted by 8 years old neighbours sun to teasing him asking to faith with him, when my sun refuse to faith with him, he was threatened whoever to beat him. I call a police and police say just not to pay attention to him for any anti social behaviour, because he is 8 years old.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. What has the police done so far?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Police arested him that day he was on bail, but because we didnt make a statment he came back home. We didnt make statment because police officer advaise us not to do that, he said that they affraid about our family safty if we gona do statment. We faind out that that person has criminal past and has a solicitor now for 20 years and that this sollisitor is very good and never loose cases. PPS decision was not to prosecute because is not sufficient evidence.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 5 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear. You will need to put together any evidence you may have. You should write down the date time and action for each time something happens. If you still feel afraid you need to contact the police again. You can also contact a councillor regarding the anti social behaviour who can contact your local council on your behalf. As a last resort you will need to take the matter to court. You should instruct a solicitor in your area to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org you will be able to search by area and expertise.
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.