chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I’m a British citizen returning to the U.K. my wife is

I’m a British citizen returning to the U.K. my wife is Australian. Is it ok for her to travel to the U.K. on a tourist visa and apply for a spouse visa from the U.K.?

Thank you for your query. Youbcannot switch from a visitors Visa into NY other category of Visa and are normally required to leave the UK if switching between categories from a visitors Visa.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. I understand she would have to leave the U.K. to get the spouse visa validated. But are you saying U.K. immigration won’t process her spouse visa if she’s in the U.K. on a tourist visa?

Yes, that is correct. She will have to make an application for a Spouse Visa from outside of the UK