12826847

A city council has failed to return printed copies of my

Customer Question

A city council has failed to return printed copies of my bank statements. I have now telephoned 3 times but with no avail. Is this contravening the Data Protection Act?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Co Durham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have telephoned three times about this. the first time ib nwas told it would be investigated, the second the same and so 0on.I have got absolutely no where. Neither have I had any communication from them with regard to this. They also say that the first time I telephoned was 31st October, this is entirely incorrect. their letter returning other documents that they had requested was written on the 7th October. I telephoned week beginning 14th October,again on week beginning 21st October,again on the 31st October and finally on the 5th November. I have now requested the chief excutives name and email address in order to write to him personally. What is your advice?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

why did they need them in the first place?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cancel the whole thing. It is far too long winded. Please refund the £5 as you have not been of any service to me. Thank you.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

I’m happy to refund you but I’m afraid the I simply don’t have enough information to be able to tell you the correct way to deal with this.

If you want your bank statements back, I can tell you how to deal with it but not until I know why they had them in the first place.

If you speak to a solicitor in the High Street, they are going to charge you 250 pounds per hour and they are going to want the full background details, not just the question.