12826847

Thank you so much for your reply. I do have another couple

Customer Question

Hello,Thank you so much for your reply.I do have another couple of questions, if that’s ok.There was an allegation made against me in 2013. Quite a serious allegation, which was investigated by the police. No charges were ever brought and no action taken.
This does not show up on a enhanced DBS check.
Social services have the information about the allegation on file. Is this legally allowed?
Personally, I can’t see how it is, but would like to know if legally they can?Also, in 2016, I was cari for a friends children while she was in hospital. Once social services got involved they said I couldn’t look after them any more. They apparently had on record my involvement in 2014 with the drug GHB.
This is categorically not true.
Off the back of that, I did a freedom of information from police and it’s not there.
However, with my current situation, it has come up again.
I have done a freedom of information request with ealing social services and they have no record.
I am waiting response from Birmingham, but would appreciate some advice on how to deal with this as well.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 16 days ago.

Was it social services that gave the file to the Police in the first place?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s all quite confusing.
I have no idea who informed social services of the allegation- and I’m not sure I understand how SS can have this information when it isn’t shown on a DBS.

I am trying to get to the bottom of the safeguarding referral made by the hospital or police nurse (I was taken to hospital under a 136, and then admitted under a section 2, but only stayed 9 days)
SS have emailed me once to say they are investigating a mental breakdown I had while caring for a child- this didn’t happen so I don’t know where they got it- I’m trying to find this information. They have advised I don’t work directly with children while they investigate, but as you have already advised, they can’t enforce that without court support?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

I'm not sure what your question is?