How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37013
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Thank you so much for your reply. I do have another couple

Customer Question

Hello,Thank you so much for your reply.I do have another couple of questions, if that’s ok.There was an allegation made against me in 2013. Quite a serious allegation, which was investigated by the police. No charges were ever brought and no action taken.
This does not show up on a enhanced DBS check.
Social services have the information about the allegation on file. Is this legally allowed?
Personally, I can’t see how it is, but would like to know if legally they can?Also, in 2016, I was cari for a friends children while she was in hospital. Once social services got involved they said I couldn’t look after them any more. They apparently had on record my involvement in 2014 with the drug GHB.
This is categorically not true.
Off the back of that, I did a freedom of information from police and it’s not there.
However, with my current situation, it has come up again.
I have done a freedom of information request with ealing social services and they have no record.
I am waiting response from Birmingham, but would appreciate some advice on how to deal with this as well.
Many thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Was it social services that gave the file to the Police in the first place?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It’s all quite confusing.
I have no idea who informed social services of the allegation- and I’m not sure I understand how SS can have this information when it isn’t shown on a DBS.I am trying to get to the bottom of the safeguarding referral made by the hospital or police nurse (I was taken to hospital under a 136, and then admitted under a section 2, but only stayed 9 days)
SS have emailed me once to say they are investigating a mental breakdown I had while caring for a child- this didn’t happen so I don’t know where they got it- I’m trying to find this information. They have advised I don’t work directly with children while they investigate, but as you have already advised, they can’t enforce that without court support?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.


I'm not sure what your question is?