F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

We live in a semi-detached bungalow. My neighbour has

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, We live in a semi-detached bungalow. My neighbour has replaced a maximum 3foot high fence with a fence which is 5 ft 1 inch high with the supporting posts and fence my side. He did this without any consultation and while we were away on holiday. We think the dividing line between his property and ours is where the garages are joined. There is a difference in height between the garages. He says the dividing line is the inner wall of our garage. Can you advise me as to who is correct please? Vanessa Vaughan
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have not because we would rather sort it out with him, but he is avoiding us! I just want to know if he is legally correct. The house plans show such a thick border it is impossible to tell.
JA: Where is the bungalow located?
Customer: In a village on the outskirts of Bath
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do have some photos if it helps. Thank you

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

can you upload pics using the paperclip symbol in box above this text please

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can find no box above nor a paper lip!

We spoke. Good luck with this.