How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77063
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Recently broke up with my partner. Items bought for me as

This answer was rated:

Recently broke up with my partner. Items bought for me as gifts are still at my address. Do these items have to be returned.?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in south Wales
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: All items of clothing etc have been returned. 2 chests of draws and a mirror that was bought for me and assembled by myself remain
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jo. I'd also like to inform you that at no point were we actually residing together.!

Does he accept they are gifts?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think not.! As SHE has asked for the return of the said items.

What sort of things does it involve?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 chests of draws and a mirror

Thank you.

Those are not really the best romantic gifts but she is not going to sue over that. It would cost more to issue than she would ever recover and she might have costs issued against her on the basis this is vexatious.

I wouldn't worry about this.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you