Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. I'm

Hi my names richard
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm currently in a rental property with a fixed 12month tenancy agreement due to expire Feb 18th
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My landlord is selling the property does my 12month fixed contract stand for anything
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all thanks

Welcome to JA.

I am currently reviewing your question and will return to you shortly.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
?

Thank you for your patience.

Please note the person purchasing your landlord’s property is likely to keep renting it out. People who buy properties with tenants living in are likely landlords on their own or want to become one. Therefore it is unlikely any thing may happen to your fixed term contract, albeit the buyer will be the new landlord. Further your tenants rights will still be in place thus he will need to follow the set proceess to evict you.

Do you understand what i have stated, if yes i will proceed on to mention some things to keep note of during this process

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi the buyers are not renting it out they are to live in the property

On that basis the new buyer will still need to serve a section 8 notice on you and show proof that they intend to live in the property.

Therefore my advice will be to start considering your option in terms of looking for an alternative place whilst you still have time.

Further you should speak to your landlord to obtain time limits on when the sale will be processed and the rent situation too.

Dont forget your deposit too if you paid one. ensure you have a conversation about this matter too.

I hope I have clarified the position, if not please let me know

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Your welcome.

Please before you leave please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided in future.

If i have clarified the position, please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided in future.