31090051

I'm launching a natural l skin care range 3rd quarter of

Customer Question

Hi thereI'm launching a natural l skin care range 3rd quarter of next year. I'm about to submit the international trademark application for my brand.
Im also having a special packaging solution sample made up (in china) which is a combination of 2 x eco matetials. I want to potentially patent this or register the design. So my questions are -- is there value in a patent or registerd design for a packaging solution (which could be easily copied if they slightly changed one material? )
- I've been dealing with my Chinese company for a couple years on products on one of these materials. I have asked them to source the second material and gave a description of what i want, but they have found the supplier of the second material from america. They are testing if the materials work together at present. So can i own the patent or registerd design based on this info?
- the shape of the packaging is similar to what is in the market, but the material is different, so can i patent this? Or should it be a registered design?
- is there any advantage (cost wise or other) of submitting both apllications at the same time?Im just wondering if i should just do the trademark for now or is it worth to wait to see what happens with this packaging?Thanks
Assistant: What's the invention's purpose?
Customer: Its mire innovation i think. Its a type of biogegradable eco packaging
Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Very early stage
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there when do i expect an answer please?
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is Cornel, I am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Expert:  C.Cornel replied 11 days ago.

Generally, it is advisable to register all designs and patents in regards to a product you are selling or will sell.

This will protect you from future liability and protects your from a particular dispute that a competitor might copy your design and patent the design himself and you would be breach of law.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there, yes i understand why i need to regiater. Can you please answer my questions? Thank you
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 11 days ago.

Sure, I can address all your questions, would you agree to a small fee as a premium service due to the fact that your inquiry involves multiple questions?

The fee would not exceed 70 GBP.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You v have not answered one though. I paid 47 quid to learn something i already know?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Actually please don't reply. I don't want any information from you. I feel ripped off and requested this to be refunded. You have basically just told ne the definition of a trademark so i find this insulting
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 11 days ago.

Fine, I will opt you for another expert.

Have a lovely night.

Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

I am a solicitor in the Uk specialising in intellectual property. If you have Ince Ted a new material then you would be looking at attempting to get a patent. However from what you have written it would appear that you would be looking more at a design rather than an invention. Would that be the case?