12826847

Sorry I think my internet disconnected I was asking to speak

Customer Question

Hi there sorry I think my internet disconnected I was asking to speak to a lawyer regarding an issue I am having with my university Aberdeen university
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Scotland I do live in aberdeen
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I emailed the University with a complaint for the fees they wanted me to pay
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please connect me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Can you explain your situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sure, I'll copy the email I sent over ti the university do that you can have a clue ok?
a
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Before withdrawing from my course MSc Data Science I went to the info hub and I also phoned at the University to be sure of the consequences of my decision.I have been advised that if I had retired from the course I would have been eligible for a refund up to 60 % of the money I paid so far.Now, I just received a letter where you are asking me to pay 60% of the total fees of the course, in other words, more than 3.000£.
I am really surprised and concerned because not only the wrong advice has been given to me in terms of the fee reimbursement, but also now you want me to pay all this amount of money.I retired from the course because it was extremely poor quality as I state in my letter of withdrawal and paying 6.800£ was totally no sense for such lessons!I put everything I had for this course and I also took loans to afford that, you can only imagine the drastic changes I had to do to be here in September ( like move till Aberdeen from another country and also completely change lifestyle, and not mention the obligation I took with banks).
I dreamed to be here, and what I found has been just poor quality material from the teachers and poor explanations Totally different from what the University reputation was granting. Lessons were not taught in a good manner! Some of the teachers did not even prepare the lesson before to teach and we were there for more than an hour in class loosing time waiting for the professor who was trying to figure out what he was doing.
( I also have also the lecture recorded where I can show you what I am saying)So after many complaints to the professors, I noticed that nothing was improving, therefore why on heart should I spend such a huge amount of money for having an empty piece of paper at the end of the year? The explanations I received were no sense and also difficult to follow due to the non-linear structure they had and the continuos interruption because the teacher was not prepared.Now, not only it is been shocking, and one of the worse experiences of my life in realizing that I did everything for nothing, but now you want me to pay also more than 60% of this course which I left only for the extremely poor quality of it and where I already paid and lost more than 800£?That it is not a fair treatment at all and also I am feeling threatened in this way! What kind of treatment is that? You provide a bad quality course, and also you are asking people to pay for it more than 3.000£ after only 1 month and something of lessons?If you are really willing to proceed this way without considering my reasons I'll be proud to call you usurers and go to court since you would literally steal the money from me after all I have been through and all I worked for that.Therefore, I please kindly ask you to reconsider your request, since as I stated also in the original withdraw the letter, my reasons for the withdrawal have been caused by you and you only.
I hope to hear soon from you.Regards,
Nicola Matera
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

if you like to call me XXXXX XXXXXX that is the number

Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

You can request a call on the system or we can continue here. You clearly consider that the university is in breach of the contract it had with you by not providing the course of a standard reasonably expected of it. Is that the case? Do you have evidence apart from your own testimony, for example from others who started the course and also left?