How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 514
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

A man called Blueman of Blueman Great Refurbs Ltd agreed to

This answer was rated:

A man called David Blueman of Blueman Great Refurbs Ltd agreed to refurb my bathroom following a leak. He carried out the work whilst I was on holiday. When I returned home my house was filthy and the work carried out
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: cont'd. "beyond cowboy standards" according to my plumber and other experts who took videos of the results.
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: 547 King Lane, Alwoodley, Leeds LS17 5ER
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After I express my disproval he wrote to tell me that I should get "somebody else" to finish the job as he found it all too stressful. I have photos of the damage done to my bathroom and hall and a huge pile of rubble which I was forced to have removed at my own cost.

Hello, sorry to hear about your experience here. Please confirm what you would like to do so I may advise you accordingly on the legalities of it. Please also mention the amounts incurred, thank you. John.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like all work carried out at my property rectified. This includes gaping hole in my newly decorated hall refitted with existing hatch, and the ladder (which was dismantled by David Blueman) reassembled and refitted to allow access to my loft. I no longer have this facility (quote £800). For unplugged freezer and lost of contents (£270). All monies paid to David Blueman returned £2,600. Later found out that all the electrical work and plumbing carried out by this man is suspect as he is not qualified in either field.I have many photographs both before and after this disastrous work was carried out.

That’s terrible. You will be happy to hear that you will have a claim against him for breach of contract and for negligence. You should write a formal letter to him requesting your money back and the reasons you want the money back. Give him 7-14 days to pay. If he doesn’t then issue a claim against him in the small claims court which you can do online. There will be an issue fee to pay but you will be able to get this back when you get judgement. You will also have interest added to the amount from the date of issue to the date of judgement. Does this help? If so please provide a positive rating, and feel free to ask any further questions. Regards, John.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no idea how much this will all cost to put right, if at all possible. I am only asking for the exact amount of money this has all cost me. At the time this refurb took place I was on holiday with my partner. Whilst on holiday I received a call from my son (only child) to say that he was in hospital awaiting open heart surgery. My partner and myself went straight to Norwich for three weeks to be with him. We later went to the Papworth Hospital in Cambridge where his surgery took place. He now convalescing for two months. David Blueman was aware of all this and still found it necessary to take advantage and claim *stress" as his reason for incompletion of so-called work. I feel that he has vandalised my home in my absence and caused me a great deal of heartache and distress. Please advise.

Yes sir, please do as I have advised above on 08/11. You can access the site here

Once you issue in the small claims court then you will be able to recover the money back. Any problems with the site then please let me know. Do not forget to provide a positive rating thank you. John.

UK Solicitor John and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you