12826847

I need some advice on Irish/UK employment laws and if I can

Customer Question

I need some advice on Irish/UK employment laws and if I can be employed by an Irish company but reside in the UK
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: NO, i'm a contractor so don't have HR or the ability atm to speak to the potential Irish employers HR
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: contractor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that is about all
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

The Republic of Ireland?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes the company is based in ROI, I will be based in the UK (mainland)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

OK thank you. I will opt out as this is not my area of law

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no problem, thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
is anyone going to assist with this?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 days ago.

1. Thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I am happy to answer your question. Could you please first set out what aspect of employment law the query relates to? I appreciate the employer is in the ROI and you are an independent UK based contractor. However, what is the question?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly which aspect of employment law this pertains to, I am just being told that the Irish company is unable to employ me due to labour laws and was wondering if you would know if there are any laws that would prevent this?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is my question still being worked on?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 days ago.

2. I will Opt Out and let some other Expert help you as this is not something I am aware of.