chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a question about freehold covenants and water damage,

I have a question about freehold covenants and water damage
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the question is about insurance coverage and freehold covenants

Thank you for your query. What exactly is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Chatham, ok here it goes. I own a share of freehold in London. I have a burst pipe in-between my apartment and that of my neighbour downstairs. My insurance wont cover me because the leak is not within my four walls (not visible or accessible). My freehold is refusing to contact the building insurance on the basis that the said burst pipe under my flat is my property and not that of the building. So my question is whether the freehold is correct that pipes below my apartment connecting my flat's water to the waste pipes are indeed my responsibility?