How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14911
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a question about freehold covenants and water damage,

This answer was rated:

I have a question about freehold covenants and water damage
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the question is about insurance coverage and freehold covenants


Thank you for your query. What exactly is your question in relation to this?

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chatham, ok here it goes. I own a share of freehold in London. I have a burst pipe in-between my apartment and that of my neighbour downstairs. My insurance wont cover me because the leak is not within my four walls (not visible or accessible). My freehold is refusing to contact the building insurance on the basis that the said burst pipe under my flat is my property and not that of the building. So my question is whether the freehold is correct that pipes below my apartment connecting my flat's water to the waste pipes are indeed my responsibility?