Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

This is a leasehold house (999 years, residue of) with a

This is a long leasehold house (999 years, residue of) with a ground rent of £26.00 per year.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Do I have the right to buy it and if so for hoy much
JA: Where is the leasehold located?
Customer: Altrincham, Cheshre
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would need a quote for your fees

Hi thank you for your message, when you say do you have the right to buy it do you mean the freehold?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes - get rid of the ground rent

Hi thank you for your message, you do not have an automatic right to purchase this however, you can contact the freeholder and make inquiries about purchasing the freehold. Given the long length of the lease they may consent to this but it is subject to negotiation. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.