Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have been charged with domestic abuse, accused of

I have been charged with domestic abuse, accused of threatening behaviour. I was found guilty of domestic violence against the same woman 2 years ago, this was a false accusation. After the case 2 years ago she kept contacting me and would come to my home. When I called the police they just said ignore her. I want this woman to stay away from me and leave me alone. Can I get a restraining order for her. I’m in Scotland.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I did they said I wouldn’t get one. I’m in scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: When I called the police they just said ignore her. And talked to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, have you explained to the police that you feel you are being harassed?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes I did
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes I did.

Hi thank you for your message and what was their response?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just try and avoid her don’t go to the same bars she does don’t answer your door.
Hi thank you for your message, you cannot get a restraining order as such because that is attached to criminal orders after conviction . You can though get an injunction which has the same effect to do this you will need to find a solicitor using the law society of Scotland find a solicitor search here: https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/
You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case privacy. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.