How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3689
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have been charged with domestic abuse, accused of

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with domestic abuse, accused of threatening behaviour. I was found guilty of domestic violence against the same woman 2 years ago, this was a false accusation. After the case 2 years ago she kept contacting me and would come to my home. When I called the police they just said ignore her. I want this woman to stay away from me and leave me alone. Can I get a restraining order for her. I’m in Scotland.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I did they said I wouldn’t get one. I’m in scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: When I called the police they just said ignore her. And talked to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, have you explained to the police that you feel you are being harassed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yes I did
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yes I did.

Hi thank you for your message and what was their response?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just try and avoid her don’t go to the same bars she does don’t answer your door.
Hi thank you for your message, you cannot get a restraining order as such because that is attached to criminal orders after conviction . You can though get an injunction which has the same effect to do this you will need to find a solicitor using the law society of Scotland find a solicitor search here:
You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case privacy. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you