Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Assistant: How can I help? I live abroad. I arrived in

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I live abroad. I arrived in England on Monday because my aunt is in the hospital and the doctors informed me today that she had no more discretion to make decisions. I learned that tomorrow a notary had to come to sign a will. Is it valid? What should I do or tell this person tomorrow?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, i didn't. I live in Spain and my aunt live here in England and She's in an hospital here in England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No one
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, her ability to be able to understand and sign the will can be assessed at the time your aunt is instructing the notary tomorrow. Provided she has the ability to understand what she is doing at that point, if not all the time, the will remains valid. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I understand correctly, the doctors believe that she is not able to make decisions for her health, which is why they asked me to come, but she would have enough discernment to make a will?

Hi thank you for your message, it is possible she may be able to, sometimes people's ability to understand can change rapidly day by day. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.