How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77115
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If I lost abuse case against my husband. What will happen to

This answer was rated:

If I lost sexual abuse case against my husband. What will happen to me ?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have reported to the police
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I still need to give my statement

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

You mean a criminal prosecution?

Jo C. and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the information

You really don’t need a phone call and it will increase costs.

If he is found not guilty then he might sue you for defamation. You might be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice though not likely.

Most likely, he will just make clear to all and sundry that he was acquitted and then generally speaking authorities do consider it weakens your credibility.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am charged £43 pound .if I not getting phone call . Can I please get a refund?

Yes, you need to email customer services.