12826847

I'm taking a kitchen fitter to court for a poorly fitted

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm taking a kitchen fitter to court for a poorly fitted kitchen. We have a court date set for a hearing. I have just been made aware that a kitchen supply company has supplied and shared emails from me to them with the kitchen fitter.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: yes
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: south of England
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The kitchen fitter does not work for the supply company. My details or emails should not have been shared with him

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi. That's great. My name is Richard
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
landline might be better. The signal is poor - 01983 643496
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, sorry, are you still there?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is my first time here and I think perhaps this isn't working as there is no response.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, is this working?

Yes, but I didn't accept the call so I can't make it. Somebody else interfered.

I can carry on online and you can seek a refund on the call?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello. Sorry, it went a bit odd at this end
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have got a refund for the phone call

Ok, so what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I employed a kitchen fitter to fit a kitchen. He did an awful job and I paid him about half the money. I then realised the kitchen needs to be taken out and done again so I am taking him to court to get that money back. We have a hearing set for 10th Dec.

Ok, so what do you want to know?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My question is this:
The kitchen was supplied by a company. The kitchen fitter does not work for them. he is self-employed.
The kitchen supply company had issues too. The kitchen was late etc and I made a complaint to them. That kitchen company has now supplied copies of emails I had with them to the fitter for his court papers
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The kitchen supply company are a national firm and I want to know if they can supply emails and copies of correspondence to third parties without my consent
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For note. The fitter does have an account with that company, and the kitchen was purchased through his account. But the complaint was from me to them, and I'm pretty sure they shouldn't have supplied those emails to him