Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Assistant: How can I help? we had an order delivered which a

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: we had an order delivered which a builder working out our house signed for and it was supposed to be 2 packages but only 1 was left. Obviously the builder signed but never actually checked and then he just left it outside. He says only one package was left but the company is saying 2 packages have been scanned as delivered and they refuse to replace the package we didn’t receive.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Emailed them
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yesterday

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. It’s a tricky situation because the seller, through their courier, have delivered the packages which was confirmed by the recipient (even if that was not you). If the delivery was accepted, without there being any challenge on what was delivered, then the responsibility would have passed on to the recipient. If the recipient, in this case the builder, then did not take proper care of the packages then they may have become liable for any loss or damage. The issue is that one party says they delivered two items, the other says it was only one. Without any other evidence you may not be able to show who was right and who was wrong and who you would have to pursue. It’s a Catch 22 in a way because you need to know who is liable before you can work out who to go after. The only option may be to have a go at pursuing each of them separately and see if the Small Claims Court, where you would have to claim, decides in your favour.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks ill just pursue the company i think and hope they will support us and send replacement for item that we are missing

I agree and think you have a better chance getting something from them than the builder.