How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14096
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

A limited company I work with has been issued with a

Customer Question

A limited company I work with has been issued with a Statutory demand. We are in dispute with the bill and its amount. I have alerted the issuer that we are in dispute of the amount but I am unfamiliar if having this set aside is something that can be completed independently or requires professional help.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: demand was delivered at the registered office on the 23rd October but seen yesterday. An email to the issuer was sent this morning confirming reciept of the document and that we dispute the claim
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Company Directors are based in New Zealand
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Have you taken any steps so far?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi. Sorry for the delay. I received sight of the demand yesterday although the document was signed for at the companies registered office on the 23rd. I sent the issuer an email this morning confirm receipt and stating that it is disputed. With a little detail as to why. I have had no response from the issuer but I have a delivery receipt for the email.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Ok. You want to know how to set aside ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think that’s the best course of action. Is it something that can be performed by the company or are professional services required?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

If you can show a genuine dispute it will be set aside. You submit the form t your local county court. It will be set down for a hearing.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Jamie. How much would it be to fill in the form on our behalf?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Sadly I cant