Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have submitted a request for a judicial review of Statin

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have submitted a request for a judicial review of Statin safety and efficacy against the DHSC. I have lots of support from eminent doctors professors and medical experts . The court will not move on with my request because I don't have a date of a decision within 30 days of which I can file a review. In 12 months of trying to deal with the Health Secretary I have had replies from clerks who send standard letters stating the policy of the DHSC NHS etc which is what I am challenging. I have one letter from the head of NICE which is about 5 lines and states the policy. Can I use one of tthese letters saying it is an effective refusal to accept my claim even though it was sent to me more tha 3 months ago. I have even sent a letter before action to which they failed to reply at all. Camn you help
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I guess that tells me you cant help sorry
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just sent you a message with all the steps I have taken
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just show him her my info

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Are you asking if you can bring a JR after more than 3 months of the decision?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The problem I have is that there is no decision. The health Ministry NICE and the chief medical officer of the government responded to letters from my MP with statements that "on the basis of the body of evidence currently available statins are safe and effective. They did not address the evidence I produced (including writing a book on statins and sending it to every member of parliament (650) showing that there are huge problems with statins. They also either ignored my case for a retrospective review of statin safety and efficacy or simply said it was not necessary (on 1 occasion) - that was the CMO of the government who had herself called for a review of statin safety and efficacy. Those few replies which could have been offered as indications that they were disagreeing with would perhaps have been adequate but they are all out of date. I kept bashing on with letters but the person answering my letters which of course never reached the Health Minister who is the Defendant, cut me off after three letters telling me future letters on the same subject would be unlikely to be answered. The Administrative court said I have to give a date at which the refused to accept my arguments and I would then have three months to submit the Judicial review application. Incredibly I have had no response to my letter before action sent to the health minister weeks ago. In that letter I offered to attend a meeting with any officials of the DHSC and offered to suspend my request for review till we had met and only continue if I could not reach an agreement with them. I have just written to the person answering the letters on behalf of the Health secretary and asked to please tell me if the policy of the DHSC was still that statins are safe and effective and tell if they did not agree to hold a retrospective review of statin safety and activity. I have the support of many senior doctors researchers an medical officials. If this woman will not send me an answer can I issue a summons on the ground that she is knowingly and deliberately obstructing the course of justice by failing to let the Health minister have sight of my correspondence. I think if I start asking the Admin Court if I can have an extension of the time period so I can use one of the out of date letters they are unlikely to say yes and it will take ages.
Have you any suggestions of the best course of action.
Geoffrey Galley

What is it you want to achieve?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor

I will call shortly, will show as withheld

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
When will you phone

So I was just on the train.