UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was talking to you on my mobile but decided to come in to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I was talking to you on my mobile but decided to come in to my desktop I live in London
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no steps taken. I live in London West End
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I rented a 2bed flat with my husband and rented the second flat to another girl. The landlady is aware of it. I just wanted to know about the roommate agreement Ive done with that lady as I want to ask her to leave
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is anyone there?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is the Rental Agreement Ive done for the girl. I just want to give her the notice of 1 month so she can leave as it is on the contract. As she is very difficult my question is: can she do something about the contract? such as go to court against us or something like that.....
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

This is a lodger type situation, the person is not protected from eviction so you do not have to go to court for a possession order as they are not a tenant.

You may therefore give one month's notice to terminate the agreement and if the person refuses to leave on expiry of the notice, you may change the locks to the main door so that they do not have access to the property anymore.

May I help further?