JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

When I remortgaged in 2007 I took out a mortgage with an

When I remortgaged in 2007 I took out a mortgage with an associated overdraft. I requested a £10 000 limit-it states this on the application form I have. I requested this as I had previously had a bad experience with a big overdraft. However the account was set up with an every increasing overdraft which has ballooned to an amount I can no longer cope with £100 000 with interest charges of £400+ monthly. Do I have any recompense?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None-but I have a copy of the application
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thankyou

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

If you are a consumer then potentially you would have a case if the lender has increased the overdraft facility without your agreement or if it has done so outside of their contractual terms. It is a large sum of money so you would be best advised speaking to a firm of solicitors who can get the lender to write off the overdraft - the firm which I recommend is Stephensons Solicitors and if you speak to the finance team - they have helped others write off large loans like this. Their site is http://www.stephensons.co.uk and I would recommend you ask them for a no win no fee agreement.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Jim-should I lodge a complaint myself first?