How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15519
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My child is 13. Me and my daughter live in Uk for last 12

This answer was rated:

My child is 13. Me and my daughter live in Uk for last 12 years. For last 10 years her father never paid for her not even a penny. She asked him recently to send her some money on monthly basis as she wants to save for a car. He refuses to do so in very rude way. I decide to open child maintenance as I though his reaction for her request was absolutely out of order. Today he send her message on messanger saying that he will pay for her but she have to come to see him every two weeks in Scotland ( polish court give him right to see her every two weeks ) and he will deduct money for this from her payment. Also he text her that since he will start pay for her he will take control over her life and he will decide about her ...and if she have any questions she should contact his solicitor. And all this was send to my child on social media. This is a clear threatening to child. How I supposed to handle this?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have divorce and custody over my child approved by polish court for last 10 years. Me Ann day child we live in Yorkshire and he is in Scotland. He have no contact with my daughter for last 10 years.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Family court ?? This is very expensive
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hmm ... that’s all thank u

Thanks for your question. The father can’t barter contact with child maintenance. Just continue your application for child maintenance and tell him if he doesn’t pay the maintenance authority will force him to pay and it will cost him more. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But what about him threading her, u missed the point! How I Handel the fact that he was saying that he want to take control over her life just because he will pay

Because I presume she has no intention of going near him, he will not be able to control her of take over her life. He has to pay even if he doesn’t get contact. You should have applied for maintenance years ago.

JGM and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oki, thank you. ***** did apply 10 years ago, so he was sending letters to child support saying he can’t pay ... he have family issue ... after few months child support give her 2.5 per week, which I took it as a joke and decide find another job to provide for child of main.
Thank you for your help.