C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

We have been sent a cease and desist to our business by a UK

We have been sent a cease and desist to our business by a UK patent holder to our ecommerce site as we stock a product they believe to be infringing on their patent. The product in question is unofficial is marked as such but is compatible with their own product. This they say makes us liable.
Assistant: What's the invention's purpose?
Customer: It is a tank that sits on a Juul vape kit.
Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: I was just sent the cease and desist today. Theyve also claimed that because we engaged in the trending #juul topic on twitter recently about juul users in America dying we are breaching their trademark. Which I know is a laughably poor claim
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Likewise, we did a YouTube video showing how you can fill up these tanks that are compatible with the company's product and they claim that is a patent or trademark violation. No claim is given that they are linked.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We are trying to establish how we know their assertion that the product we stock is truly in breach of their patent. And how reasonable is it that we should be carry on selling it until they have been able to establish a clear proof that it is in breach of their patent.

As for the social media use of a hashtag that is of course absurd. We want to ensure that their assertions are correct. We understand they have a parent or twenty, but just as they are making spurious links to a review of a product that is marked as compatible with theirs - how do I know their claim is valid

Hello. My name is Cornel, I am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

I understand your circumstances and the nature of your dispute.

I'm afraid the only way to establish and assert your liability can be done by lawyers specialized in patent law, which I am.

Generally, this is how we proceed, I disclose my business email address and you will send me the cease and desist letter and all subsequent communications pertaining to herein dispute exchanged between parties.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Cornel

Hello, I see you are new member on Just Answer, I can guide you through the procedure in order to obtain my business email.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not needed. Written is clear and descriptivr

Please attach the cease and desist letter in here then.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Trying to send it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
https://we.tl/t-JUO9sgKnjG

Ok, I can give you my email and it would be better to discuss the matter privately as our chat is public.

Please send me an email directly when you have the time and enclose all relevant documents and communications.