Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We signed a business contract for a software programme to

Hi We signed a business contract for a software programme to use in our Pharmacy it is a 4 year contract .As soon as we installed this in January 2019 we found it was not doing what we expected.We contacted the company they keep saying it will get resolved we told then after 2 months that we wanted to come out of the contract but they refused .This program is not working and they keep they data on their server which they will not let me have unless we pay 4 years fees which are over £10,000
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London Sw15
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written to them and have an email audit
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you please let them know that they hold the data so I cannot leave without reaching an agreement

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Please see the signed contract.I had pointed out to the company within 4 weeks of using the software that we were not happy with this and it was not fit for purpose.They said they would work with us to resolve the issues.Then in March I asked for the contract to be terminated and they informed me that unless I pay the full price remaining on the 4 year contract they would not release my data and thus I can not switch to another provider.I have emailed them that the issues are still not resolved they say it can take time.We want to move to another provider and need them to release our data but not charge for the full contract period.

Sorry for the delay. let me know when would be good to call.

Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
Can you please call between now and 1pm?
Thanks 07985418112