How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11137
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My daughter recently signed a 2 year rental agreement.

This answer was rated:

My daughter recently signed a 2 year rental agreement. Shortly after she found a new build property on a help to buy scheme and needs to terminate early . What can she do to mitigate rental payments?
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: She has informed the landlord who has said they will not be out of pocket for rent payments and that she will have to pay until tenant found.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Tamworth staffordshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that’s money is a big issue for them at the moment

Hi, I am afraid that what the Landlord has said is correct- as your daughter has signed a 2 year Agreement, she has contracted to pay the rent for the 2 years. The only way to get out of the Agreement early is if she agrees to pay the rent until a replacement Tenant has been found.

The Landlord could legitimately also ask her to pay any fees he incurs in finding a replacement Tenant.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position. If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 3-5 stars. Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you