JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

What documentation needs to be attached with a claim for

What documentation needs to be attached with a claim for damages?

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you this evening.

The documentation would be anything relevant to the claim - the civil claim is decided based on evidence, which needs documents in support and a witness statement from the claimant (to put their comments on paper to support the claim). The nature of the claim will depend on the type of documents. Generally you should supply documents for the last 6 years (if possible) due to the limitation period of 6 years, but the key is really to ensure the court has the "relevant" documentation.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The claim for damages is asked in section 8 of a jr as a separate application together with an injuctive relief.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The defendants are the same as in the Jr and therefore all documentation for asking it was sent adding that the separate applications above will be sent if permission is granted and it now is.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So now I can send the separate claims right?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The claim for damages is asked for the cost of legal help over a period of months before the Jr application.
Do I need to provide proof of everything paid or is it enough to give a sum explaining why?

You can send separate claims, yes. The proof will be required in addition to the sum with an explanation - as the burden of proving their claim lies with a claimant in your case

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Does this mean I need to attach separate receipts?

Once you issue a claim and the court asks you for disclosure, yes - but only at that stage. You can issue a claim and you would not have to attach all of your evidence at that stage - there will be a date given to you for standard disclosure, which means you send your evidence in support to the other side (the defendant) in due course.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Since the claim is section 8 of the jr should not be looked at the same hearing?

Yes, I was referring to a situation if you wanted to launch a separate action. But if it is for JR proceedings then yes it can be dealt with at the same hearing.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
So I can include the cost of the fees of the barrister to represent and the cost of legal advices paid to other law professionals previously in the same claim?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I also ask for personal compensation?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Distress caused e.g. or time spent
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been doing the work of a solicitor for months

Yes, you can do so - legal costs are recoverable as is compensation.

If you could please post a new question to the main site, it will not cost extra assuming you are a member. If you would like me to deal with the new question please mark them “FAO:JIM” and I will pick it up as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok let's say paralegal
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have posted one having requested you already about an injuction.