Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

What is the most a PPI claims company can claim in feee? Can

Hello. What is the most a PPI claims company can claim in feee? Can they charge fees on the gross offer or just the net offer after income tax?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: I have received notification that claims have been successful and they are invoicing me fees at 33% and vat at 20% and admin charges of £30
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can they charge fees on the tax payble on the refund

Hi thank you for your message, when did you instruct this company to pursue a claim was it after July 2018?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok, please continue

Hi thank you for your message, the FCA announced in 2018 that there would be a cap on fees of claims management companies related to PPI and that they would thereafter, be only to be able to charge 20% + VAT (24% total) on successful PPI claims. Therefore, I would recommend you dispute the fee with the company and if not satisfied raise the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who can investigate and take action for you. You can complain to them here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. Is the £44 payable even though we have not had a telephone conversation?

Hi thank you, no this money will be refunded provided no one calls you. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Certainly. thank you for time.

Glad I could help take care.