31090051

I just recieved a voicemail which left no number telling me

I just recieved a voicemail which left no number telling me i have 20 cases of copyright infringement and to leave a defence after the tone, is this a scam?
Assistant: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: Whats that?
Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: No i have never heard anything about copyright before, no emails, phone calls or letters.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all thanks, ***** ***** a free service?

Thanks for your question. I am a UK intellectual property lawyer who deals with copyright law. This is indeed a scam. No one would use a telephony answering service to deal with a copyright infringement. It seem that this is a telephone scam. Check with your operator that you haven’t been billed for anything unusual and if you get any more such calls just hang up. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help i will leave a positive review, thanks again.