Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Moved into new house. As the previous Tenants had several

Moved into new house. As the previous Tenants had several animals I discussed deep cleaning and agency said they will organize that. Nothing happened. Now I have moved in and the house has dog fleas or other insects wich are biting my daughter and me. Very itching. Called already agency, they advised call maintenance company but no response.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: What rights I have
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: See above and bought spray
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hampshire

Welcome to Just Answer.

Am sorry to hear about the current situation you are in.

In view of the circumstances noted it is evident the landlord/agency have not fulfilled their duty to ensure you enjoy peaceful possession of the property rented and arguably the agency behaviour amounts to unfair trading practice given they have provided misleading information in order for you to sign the dotted line.

Do you understand what I have stated so far if yes, I will proceed to the next step.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes

The link below is for unfair trading practices:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/legal/housing_options/private_rented_accommodation/unfair_terms_and_consumer_law/unfair_trading_practices

The link below is the organisation to report the agency's conduct if they do not rectify the position ASAP.

https://www.theprs.co.uk/