ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Child arrangements order - domestic abuse Assistant: What

Customer Question

Child arrangements order - domestic abuse
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Initial CAFCASS telephone appointment recommended section 7 to the court. The court dismissed the recommendation and I was pushed into Child Arrangements and The order is now in place.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wolverhampton. West Midlands
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's a lot more to the situation.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My Legal aid did not get accepted in time but my solicitor informed me that it was just an administration hearing. I attended the FDHRA Hearing yesterday. When asked if I had received a copy of the CAFCASS Recommendations to Court Letter, my husband said he had received a copy but I had not received a copy, to which I informed the court. They did not really think it was an issue. The letter recommended a section 7 report. It was a different CAFCASS officer to the one that wrote the letter to the one that was in attendance at court. I have a non molestation order against my husband (the applicant), I had to sit next to him. I felt pushed into making the arrangements. I informed them that I would like to be able to speak to my solicitor before agreeing to contact but it was immediately dismissed. Further into the hearing, I I formed them that I felt intimidated and they made me feel belittled. I do not even know if they had a copy of my C1A form. First contact is this Saturday, what happens if i do not adhere?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 6 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If you fail to adhere then you will be in breach of the court order. What you can potentially do is apply to appeal the decision if you think that it was unfair and wrong. I have attached a link to a fabulous book which explains the process for the application - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy t0 discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If I have a valid reason, would that be taken into account though?

Again the book should help - but that you were bullied; that the court did not consider the non molestation order or PD12J (domestic abuse),failure to grant you a fair trial, etc.. I would speak to the solicitor about drafting an appeal. Please rate 5 stars

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 days ago.

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works.

So I can close this, can you confirm that it has been answered with a "YES" or "OK". Thanks