How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14906
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Thank you for your time, I am an amazon seller and I sell

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Thank you for your time, I am an amazon seller and I sell sennheiser products, I have received a notice from Amazon as follows :Dear Customer,We are contacting you because we received a notification of a violation of selective distribution rights of the rights holder below. Sellers on not have the right to create offers or detailed pages violating selective distribution rights.We have removed the offers mentioned at the end of this email. If the right holder withdraws his complaint, you can put them on sale. Contact information is below.- luke sparrow
-***@******.***If the rights holder agrees to withdraw his complaint, he must signal his withdrawal at***@******.*** .
If you think that the content posted does not affect the selective distribution rights of the copyright owner, please send us adequate receipts by e-mail at***@******.*** .We take very seriously the allegations of selective distribution rights violation and we are currently reviewing your account. If we receive more complaints about your offers, we reserve the right to suspend your account Seller learn more about this policy, search for "Restrictions on categories, products and offerings" in Seller Central help pages ( ).ASIN: B077RWKB3J
Type of offense: selective distribution rights
ID of the complaint:(###) ###-####
Regards, Can this be legal Can a company restrict me from selling a brand if I purchased from an authorized distriutor ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK based and I am selling in France as well and all over Europe
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Amazon have removed the listing, I have emailed the person luke that I am buying it from an authorized distributor, and threatnded that if he does not take the restriction of I will take legal action
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: any of this action is damaging my Amazon account specially this time of the year when sales are in the rise, also if they have any legal right, from my understanding is that if I buy any product from an authorized supplier he brand can not restrict the place and the price I choose


Thank you for your query. Do you have a licence to distribute or re-sell yourself?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am buying from they are authorized distributors by sennheiser
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please find attached


If you are buying from an authorized distributor, there should be no obstacle to you re-selling on amazon

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am actually paying them direct for the products, but get the service and information by bigredsales
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to send them a letter with a warning
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
or I should file a case to the ombudsman


Just Answer is a question and answer site, so unfortunately I would not be able to write to them.

You would be better served by filing a complaint with the ombudsman. As this would give you a binding decision.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you mean by binding ?

The decision would stand and could only be challenged in a high court

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have the link where I can file this case complaint ?

The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are provided below:



Telephone: 0800(###) ###-####/p>

Mobile: 0300(###) ###-####/p>


The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Exchange Tower London E14 9SR