chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Could I live in America with 1 conviction and criminal

Customer Question

Could I live in America with 1 conviction and criminal record??
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I want a dbs check and am asking you
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your query. What was the criminal conviction for?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was getting bullied and the girl threatened too put nine bullets in my face so I took a knife and got done for carrying a bladed article and threatening with a bladed article so I got slammed for 2 months
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is it ok if we email

The US Government does have a good character requirement, therefore, if you have been convicted of a criminal offence, it would be at their discretion.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don’t have money til next Thursday so I can’t talk to you by phone

That is fine. We can continue via chat

You would be advised to seek the services of a US Immigration Attorney whe you file any application.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How much will this cost has it been known for criminals to travel to America I went there when I got done for assault and I went to Florida and after so long it gets spent my convictions

Fees will vary from lawyer to lawyer. If it is a minor offence, it may not affect you. In any event, as you do have a conviction, best promise a lawyer to do your application to give you the best possible chance.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok so is my conviction serious or minor as nobody got hurt

If it is an custodial sentence for less than 6 months, in the UK it would.become spent. If more than 6 months, it would not.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes I got 2 months so is that ok and is my conviction serious or minor ??

Would be minor in the UK but different in the US, hence why you should seek the services of a US Immigration Attorney