chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a freelance contractor. I have been terminated today

I am a freelance contractor. I have been terminated today after 13 months, without giving any explanation
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: They are all in dark I am a freelance contractor
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: freelancer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have uploaded the termination document

Thank you for your query. Are you self employed? If so, what does your agreement with the business you work for state regarding termination?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes self employed. Yes it states clauses on termination
]

Can you kindly provide the wording?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
pls find attached

Hi,.

Under this, they can terminate your agreement for any reason you become unsatisfactory to the company. This is a wide ause and would allow them to terminate for any reason.

As you are a contractor and effectively self employed, you would have vary little rights.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have a notice period of 1 month.
They had provided me with an notice till end of this month. But they have terminated early without any reason.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
do i have any rights tehre

Possibly. However, as this is a commercial agreement, any claim you would have would be in the form of a contract dispute through the county courts.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks.. So legally it does not hold much...I will have to accept as it is.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck with this.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.