How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1553
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

If my husband left his wife years ago who he had kids with

This answer was rated:

If my husband left his wife years ago who he had kids with but now lives with me and our kids but we are not legally married- he is still married to his first wife - what rights do my kids have over his assets if something happens to him? This is in UK
Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.
This situation depends largely on whether your partner does leaving a will or not. If he does leaving a will, his assets would be divided as per his request via the will.If there is no will, the rules of intestacy applies. What this means therefore is that his wife would be entitled a share of his estate as well
As all the children, inclusive of yours. The clear disadvantage to this is that his wife would still benefit in the case of intestacy notwithstanding them having separated. This would clearly reduce any share the children may be entitled to.You may want to encourage him therefore to leave a will.I hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of assistance. Kindly take the time to rate the services received.All the bestRL
ReadyLaw and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, is it normal for commercial lenders to review and update a current ongoing mortgage? Why would they ask after 8 years of being with them - where the deposit for buying the property was generated from?