ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I have submitted formal grevience to HR in regards to the

Customer Question

I have submitted formal grevience to HR in regards ***** ***** unprofessional behaviour of my manager anf bullying at work. Am I allowed not to attend work until the grevience meeting and the final result from HR?
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed it with HR
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, I don't belong to a union
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure at the moment
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
I assume that the reason you intend to stay away is because of the bullying. In these circumstance it is reasonable for you to stay away until the situation is resolved. Particularly if it is such that this affecting your work environment.

To protect any future claims you may want to make if the situation is left unresolved, I strongly recommend that, if you have not already done so, that you write to your employers clearly setting out that your reasons for staying away from work is due to the bullying. If you are able to do so, include instances of these in your letter.

I hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of assistance. Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes
RL