How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4150
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have a 2 and a half year old boy with my ex-partner (not

Customer Question

I have a 2 and a half year old boy with my ex-partner (not married nor living together). We are both Spanish nationals living in the UK. She already has a 7 year old girl with an English national from a previous relationship.She is on benefits and working just a few hours a week and I pay some £ 400 monthly into her banc account to help with maintenance.Although I spend sometime in the UK I am based in Spain where I have clients and projects to attend. I also own a property and have relatives ready to help if needed.I would like to see if it's possible for me to take my son to Spain to live with me based on the fact she is finding hard to provide for both children and herself. I know it's a far fetched option and I feel terrible about it because I hate the though of hurting her or the kids but the boy would have a better quality of life.Is that possible based on the fact that I am able to provide financially for the little boy?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 6 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.


Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Yes it's possible.

It's not just the financial side of things that the court would consider though, there are many factors to consider. One important one is your proposals for ongoing contact with mother and the half sibling.

When making decisions about where a child should live, for example, the court will look at something called the welfare checklist - see here for a link to this:

I hope this assists?

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 hours ago.


I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,