plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have a 2 and a half year old boy with my ex-partner (not

Customer Question

I have a 2 and a half year old boy with my ex-partner (not married nor living together). We are both Spanish nationals living in the UK. She already has a 7 year old girl with an English national from a previous relationship.She is on benefits and working just a few hours a week and I pay some £ 400 monthly into her banc account to help with maintenance.Although I spend sometime in the UK I am based in Spain where I have clients and projects to attend. I also own a property and have relatives ready to help if needed.I would like to see if it's possible for me to take my son to Spain to live with me based on the fact she is finding hard to provide for both children and herself. I know it's a far fetched option and I feel terrible about it because I hate the though of hurting her or the kids but the boy would have a better quality of life.Is that possible based on the fact that I am able to provide financially for the little boy?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 6 days ago.

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Yes it's possible.

It's not just the financial side of things that the court would consider though, there are many factors to consider. One important one is your proposals for ongoing contact with mother and the half sibling.

When making decisions about where a child should live, for example, the court will look at something called the welfare checklist - see here for a link to this:

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/child-law/child-welfare-checklist/

I hope this assists?

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 hours ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter