12826847

Just another legal driving question regarding a Summons on

Good morning....just another legal driving question regarding a Summons on Referral to Court.....are you able to discuss?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Not discussed yet, im in England, referra to an offence in England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: apart from admitting liability when I recieved the original Single Justice Procedure notice....none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, as im sure there are details they will want direct from me

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what is your question about this matter please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Jo, in precis: 9/4/19 my car was recorded at 67 in a 40 which is a dual carriageway. on 5/10/19 I received a Single Justice Procedure Notice. on 7/10/19 I returned that notice. pleading guilty, with the only mitigation being that my mum had passed away 10 days before, and I was still travelling to North London sorting her affairs as I had done for the past 9 months, whilst trying to run my business. on 6/11/19 I recieved a Summons on Referral to attend court on 14/1/20 to discuss a driving ban.(Discuss may be a wee bit optimistic!) I have business, son and wife committments, and whilst a ban would not kill me, it would have a massive effect on those three........Im guilty, but a hard, hard working, honest businessman, father and husband....thats it.