How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37013
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My question is about how to properly execute a share capital

Customer Question

Good morning
My question is about how to properly execute a share capital increase in a UK company. I own 50% of the company indirectly via another vehicle, and I am also the company’s only director. I would like to call for a share / capital increase as I would like to put more money in the company for its future development, and thus increase the % of my ownership if other shareholders do not follow. In this sense, I am interested to understand the full and compliant process to follow as I am Swiss resident and not familiar with UK law (general meeting convocation, proposal, certification, etc). I would be glad to have a one to one session if needed and have a solicitor help me throughout the process. Thanks and kind regards
Francesco Abbate
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The company is incorporated in UK. I own 50% via a Swiss company and I am Swiss resident
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, I still need to initiate this and I am seeking for guidance before starting
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ultimate goal is to also diluite other shareholders, hence in this sense I would like to know if I can do this multiple times, i.e. imagine I put 10k, they follow, I put additional 50k, etc. I would need to understand if there are limits to how many times this can be done
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 6 months ago.

Hi. I'm Ed and I specialise in Commercial and Corporate Law.

Do you still need help with this issue?