12826847

My question is about how to properly execute a share capital

Customer Question

Good morning
My question is about how to properly execute a share capital increase in a UK company. I own 50% of the company indirectly via another vehicle, and I am also the company’s only director. I would like to call for a share / capital increase as I would like to put more money in the company for its future development, and thus increase the % of my ownership if other shareholders do not follow. In this sense, I am interested to understand the full and compliant process to follow as I am Swiss resident and not familiar with UK law (general meeting convocation, proposal, certification, etc). I would be glad to have a one to one session if needed and have a solicitor help me throughout the process. Thanks and kind regards
Francesco Abbate
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The company is incorporated in UK. I own 50% via a Swiss company and I am Swiss resident
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, I still need to initiate this and I am seeking for guidance before starting
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The ultimate goal is to also diluite other shareholders, hence in this sense I would like to know if I can do this multiple times, i.e. imagine I put 10k, they follow, I put additional 50k, etc. I would need to understand if there are limits to how many times this can be done
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 5 days ago.

Hi. I'm Ed and I specialise in Commercial and Corporate Law.

Do you still need help with this issue?