How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6920
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A company is a party to a Leasehold agreement. The agreement

This answer was rated:

A company is a party to a Leasehold agreement. The agreement refers to the company by name (no company number). If the company changes its name, what documentation is required to ensure that the Leasehold agreement remains valid?

The Leasehold Agreement still remains valid. The change of name of the company does not affect the validity of the Agreement and a copy of the Certificate of Change of Name may be attached to the Agreement so that parties are aware of the Change of Name.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Great. Thank you.

You are welcome. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Residents' Association we are asking to implement this change have asked us to pass on "any legal information you have or can obtain in respect of the proposed name change". Please would you let us know credentials of solicitor providing the advice and the basis for his opinion. (The proposed name change seems straightforward but the Association need to be convinced.)

Please accept to continue.

UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Residents' Association with whom we are dealing have asked us to let them know the credentials of our advisor and the basis for his opinion. Can you please advise?

You may send them a screenshot of this correspondence or email it to them. I am a qualified solicitor.

All the best

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just Answers is a great idea but it's a new idea. Can you understand a sceptical resident's association being sceptical about an opinion which has not been substantiated by identifying the basis for the opinion or the credentials of the advisor? If you could give me something to fix this it would help. If not, I can contact the solicitors we normally use (and pay through the nose).
Richard Pelly

I am afraid in that case you would need to contact your regular solicitors as Justanswer is not designed to replace a law firm/solicitors.

All the best

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just need to know the basis for your opinion, your name and qualifications. (I am happy with your answer but it needs some weight behind it.)

I am a qualified solicitor.